Cheesecake Recipe: Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Are you ready to thrill just about anyone in the house or at a social gathering? If you are, it will take one great tasting dessert to do it. This simple cheesecake recipe for cookies and cream cheesecake should do the trick. It has cookies and a sweet creamy cheesecake texture that will melt in your mouth. It does take some preparation time, but the time making it is never a waste and you will know that as soon as you get a taste.
Recipe for Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
What you need:
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 15 coarsely chopped vanilla cream chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 Tablespoons of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of whipping cream
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 and ½ cup of sugar
- 4 packages of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of melted margarine or butter
- 25 crushed vanilla cream chocolate sandwich cookies
How to make it:
- The first step that you need to do is to set the margarine or butter, eggs and cream cheese out onto the countertop for about 20 minutes before preparing the dessert ingredients.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 inch spring form pan and set aside until needed.
- Coarsely chop 15 cookies and then set aside until needed.
- Crumble 25 chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and then add the melted margarine or butter and continue processing while crumbling the mixture. Press the mixture evenly into the sides and bottom of the prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Add the softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and then beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Scrape along the sides and then add 1 and ¼ cups of sugar.
- Beat three minutes or until fluffy and light. Sprinkle in the flour. Combine well. Add the eggs and the egg yolks, continue beating until smooth.
- Add the whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring. Combine until well blended.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling into your chilled crust. Then sprinkle it with sliced cookies. Pour in the remaining cream cheese filling and spread evenly on the top of the dessert.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven. Increase the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the cheesecake is baking, you can prepare the topping while using a small mixing bowl. Add the sour cream and the remaining ¼ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring and combine.
- Spread this mixture evenly on the top of your cheesecake and return to your oven. Bake for 7 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool to room temperature with no drafts. Cover and refrigerate overnight in the pan or for several hours before removing the pan and cutting into servings slices.
- Serve chilled. You can safely store this dessert in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you are one of those people who really love to eat cheesecake and sweet treats, Makse Bar is the perfect site to visit. We offer you delicious and mouth-watering rice crispy treat desserts that will tickle your taste buds.